The combination of strength, beauty, and durability make James Hardie fiber cement siding the best value product for making your home more aesthetically pleasing while offering supreme protection as well!
If you’re fond of the look of wood but are concerned about the high, and aggravating, maintenance costs, James Hardie fiber cement siding is your logical remedy. As is often stated, James Hardie siding offers the warmth of cedar without the ongoing maintenance headaches.
Being composed of Portland cement, sand, and cellulose fiber, James Hardie siding offers tremendous strength and durability. Its dimensional stability enables it to withstand extreme weather without swelling or shrinking, allowing its factory finish to remain beautiful and attractive. And that’s just for starters.
Some of the other attributes of James Hardie siding are:
- Ideal for our cold and windy Chicagoland climates – being dimensionally stable, James Hardie siding won’t shrink in cold climates. Furthermore, unlike vinyl siding, it doesn’t become brittle in the cold climates. Lastly, since it can withstand hurricane-force winds, it can handle Chicago’s blustery weather.
- Holds up in wet & humid climates – James Hardie siding resists rotting & cracking, even in damp climates. When exposed to rainy weather it won’t absorb the water and swell like wood siding.
- Great impact resistance – Far thicker and far stronger than other types of siding materials, James Hardie siding can withstand wind driven rain, hail, and errant golf balls.
- Fire resistant – Hardie is non-combustible and is approved for fire-rated construction. This enables you to receive a discount on your homeowner’s policy.
- Insect resistant – Despite looking like wood, it doesn’t offer any relief to hungry & destructive termites, carpenter ants, or any wood-eating insect